Facing the Harsh
Realities of Now
Climate Sensitivity, Target Temperature & the Carbon Budget
Guidelines for Strategic Action
|It is with the utmost concern that we draw your attention to the fundamental
methodological flaw in the determination of the value of Climate Sensitivity that is embedded in the Summary
for Policymakers of the Scientific Workgroup of the 5th Assessment Report of the IPCC. The error was
replicated in the Reports of Workgroups 2 and 3 and carried forward into the Synthesis Report. It has been
used as the given basis for every subsequent publication. Our radical analysis of Climate Dynamics has
generated a new and robust value of "Earth System Sensitivity" which has profound implications
• The relationship between temperature change and cumulative carbon emissions.
• The calculation of "available carbon budget".
• The evaluation of the INDCs.
• The terms of reference of COP21 in Paris (30 November - 11 December 2015).
• The future global strategy for climate stabilisation.
|Our analysis is published in dual media (triple-screen video and fully illustrated
PDF). These can be used separately or in combination.
|The video is accessed by clicking on the head-shot of David
Wasdell (which opens in the OnSync video conferencing platform). The pdf is accessed by
clicking on the title slide. |